Table of Contents
- What’s so Special about Vortex Razor UHD Binoculars?
- Vortex Razor UHD Binoculars: Why you Should Buy?
Vortex Optics has added a new line of Vortex Razor UHD Binoculars, pushing the limits of the Razor HD Binoculars in terms of optical performance. This new release has put Vortex Optics’s binocular line-up on par with the leading European manufacturers including Swarovski, Steiner, and Leica. These Razor UHD Binoculars provide professional/recreational users with a product that help them observe the finest details of a densely packed hillside as well as close-to-high range.
Vortex Razor UHD Binocular line is available in 4 models:
The Vortex Razor 18×56 UHD model provides birders and hunters with a premium binocular having high magnification as well as large objective diameter. Such a combination was only offered by Vortex Optics earlier in its Kaibab 18×56 binoculars.
What’s so Special about Vortex Razor UHD Binoculars?
The new Vortex Razor UHD Binoculars are a superior line-up than the Vortex Razor HD binos and the basic difference lies in the new UHD (Ultra High Definition) optical system. This new UHD optics offer birdwatchers and hunters with an unparalleled image resolution that cuts chromatic aberration and provides enhanced light transmission, edge-to-edge sharpness, and exceptional color fidelity.
These Razor UHD binos also come with additional features such as index-matched lenses (providing correct color throughout the visual spectrum), XR Plus Fully Multi-Coated lenses (ensuring optimal low light performance), Plasma Tech, and Phase Correction. All these features ensure that you get a device that pushes the limits of optical performance.
Vortex Razor UHD Binoculars: Why you Should Buy?
#1 HD to UHD & Other Important Features
UHD Superior to HD
Vortex Razor UHD binoculars come with a next-level optic that delivers crisper and clearer images in any possible conditions. If you hike and hunt in thick timber or low light conditions, you can’t afford to use a bino having an inferior glass.
Vortex Optics has revealed this new line of Razor UHD binos that provides you with the same feel and look but with a major upgrade – Abbe Koening Prisms. These are the longer versions than the previous ones and therefore gather and distribute more light. The phase-corrected Abbe Koenig prisms in the UHD apochromatic optical system provides you the ultimate resolution, edge-to-edge sharpness, depth of field, color fidelity, and contrast. However, the longer Abbe Koening Prisms increase the overall weight of the Razor UHD binocular slightly over its predecessor Vortex Razor HD binocular.
If you are planning to spot the game at long distance with ultra-clear focus and an unparalleled level of fidelity/clarity, you should choose from the various models of the new Vortex Razor UHD binocular line (8×42, 10×42, 12×50, and 18×56).
Other Important Features:
- Maximum brightness is ensured by the XR Plus anti-reflective coatings on the lenses, thereby providing maximum optical clarity (ensured through maximum light transmission). It enables you to view the finest details at a densely packed hillside, at far-off locations or low-light conditions.
- The ultrahard optical coating (Armor Tek) on the exterior lenses protect them from dirt, oil, and scratches.
- The color is corrected throughout the entire visual spectrum, thanks to the APO System Index-matched lenses.
- The hunters and birders will get unparalleled coating durability as well as performance because of the Plasma Tech coating application process.
- Users will get enhanced optical resolution and contrast because of the Phase Correction Coating on the roof prism models.
- Other important features include True Open Hinge, Magnesium Chassis, waterproof O-ring, fog proof Argon gas purging, adjustable eyecups, Center Focus Wheel, Tripod Adaptable Compatible, and diopter adjustment.
#2 Model to Buy
- The Vortex Razor UHD 8×42 Binocular RZB-3101 stands out because it has an extremely wide field of view (420 feet/1000 yds), much more than the other models in this line-up. In fact, the 8 degrees viewing angle of this model makes the Razor UHD 8×42 Binocular the best wide-angle binoculars available in the market. You can use it for closer range hunting in the dense forests, birding, and general wildlife uses.
- The Vortex Razor UHD 10×42 Binocular RZB-3102 is a truly versatile bino that can be used by long-range birders and hunters for both professional and recreational uses for close-to-long-range observation.
- The Vortex Razor UHD 12×50 Binocular RZB-3103 provides a reasonably steady view as well as more detailed images at longer distances, thereby getting you closer to the action. These binos are especially suited for hunting and wildlife observations over longer distances as well as wide-open spaces.
- The Vortex Razor UHD 18×56 Binocular RZB-3104 is best for hunters and birders who want to view finer details at extremely long ranges. It is recommended that you should attach this bino on a secure base such as tripod to get the best view. This model is best for use from a static point such as at a shooting range or a hide.
Comparison Chart: Quick-View
|Objective Lens Diameter||42 mm||42 mm||50 mm||56 mm|
|Field of View||420 feet/1000 yds||346 feet/1000 yds||288 feet/1000 yds||194 feet/1000 yds|
|Close Focus||4.5 feet||4.5 feet||6.6 feet||10 feet|
|Eye Relief||16.7 mm||16.7 mm||17 mm||18 mm|
|Dimension (Height x Width)||7 inches x 5.6 inches||7 inches x 5.6 inches||7.6 inches x 5.8 inches||8.3 inches x 6.1 inches|
|Weight||32.2 oz||32.2 oz||36.1 oz||41.6 oz|
|Unboxing Video (What Accessories You’ll Get)||Video 1||Video 2||Video 3||Video 4|
|MPN (Check Street Price by clicking the link)||RZB-3101||RZB-3102||RZB-3103||RZB-3104|
#3 Bino Harness & Other Accessories: A Must-Have for Hunters
The accessories package you receive with the new Vortex Razor UHD Binoculars is far better than the Vortex Razor HD binoculars. Beside the binocular, the box comes with a well-padded neck strap, lens cover, a cleaning cloth, and a rain guard. However, the best of them all is the binocular Harness that can be connected to the carry case. This harness will be especially useful and popular with hunters. In addition, you will also get small ammo or accessory pouch that the hunters will find especially helpful, You can either carry this independently or attach it at the front of the case.
|Vortex 2x Doubler||2X||$239.99||Click Here|
|Binocular Harness Strap||VTHARNESS||$28.99||Click Here|
|Binocular Tripod Adapter||400-Vortex||$24.99||Click Here|
|Archer's Binocular Strap||ARCH||$24.99||Click Here|
|Guide Binopack||P300||$129.99||Click Here|
The Vortex Razor UHD Binoculars are in true sense the new optical behemoth that provides you with the pinnacle of optical performance. The views you get through these binos are so stunning that you can believe others only after seeing through them.