Table of Contents
- Now, let’s have a quick look at the three new scopes unveiled by Swarovski:
- i. Swarovski X5i 5-25×56 P L 1/8 MOA
- ii. Swarovski X5i 5-25×56 P L 1/4 MOA
- iii. Swarovski X5i 3.5-18×50 P 1/4 MOA
- What’s so special about Swarovski X5i Scopes?
- A Brief Discussion on Reticle Options
Swarovski Optik has brought three new riflescopes in the Swarovski X5i scope series and is made available to the authorized dealers as well as specialist retailers from September 2015. Swarovski X5i 5-25×56 P L 1/8 MOA, Swarovski X5i 5-25×56 P L 1/4 MOA, and Swarovski X5i 3.5-18×50 P 1/4 MOA are the three new kinds from the house of Swarovski scopes. These three scopes are becoming quickly popular among the long range shooters and hunting community because the manufacturer has ensured that with these riflescopes the shooters always get the clean shot. Accuracy has been redefined by the manufacturer as they have incorporated a new spring retention system as well as turrets in these X5i scopes. Even in the most extreme situations and ranges, the shooters can get impact point adjustment accuracy to the extent of 1/4 or 1/8 MOA (elevation as well as windage) in the new X5/X5i 5-25×56 P scopes.
For making the scope highly effective in the close ranges too, Swarovski has included Subzero function so that the shooters can reach below the sight-in distance and hit the close range targets with ease. All the three scopes revealed by Swarovski come with exceptionally clear and high quality optics, making them (especially the X5/X5i 5-25×56 scopes) one of the preferred choices for the long range shooters.
Now, let’s have a quick look at the three new scopes unveiled by Swarovski:
The manufacturer has ensured that this scope has extreme accuracy, to the extent of 1/8 MOA impact point adjustment. They have incorporated PLEX reticle in this scope so that the users get extra advantage of hitting the target accurately, even at extreme long ranges. Important technical specifications of this new riflescope are 5x to 25x magnification range, 48mm to 56mm effective objective lens diameter, significantly large 95mm eye relief (for strongest recoils), 9.5mm to 2.3mm exit pupil diameter, 7m to 1.5m per 100m (21 feet to 4.5 feet per 100 yards) field of view, -3 to +2 dpt Dioptric compensation, 90 per cent light transmission, 15.5 to 37.4 twilight factor, 82 MOA maximum elevation adjustment range, 50 MOA windage adjustment range, 100 clicks elevation impact point correction per rotation, 90 clicks windage impact point correction per rotation, 80 clicks option for going below sight-in distance SUBZERO, 55 yards to infinity parallax adjustment, and many more.
This scope’s length is 14.8 inches and weight is just 30 oz. It is definitely much lighter than many other scopes in its own category. While it can function well within the temperature -4 °F to +131 °F (-20 °C to +55 °C), it remains completely waterproof till 4m or 12 feet underwater.
This is a high-luminosity scope that has a considerably large 56mm objective lens and significantly wide magnification range (5x to 25x). These features not only let you take shots at long distances but also find target clearly in poorest light conditions. All the specifications here are same except for the impact point correction per click. While impact point correction per click at Swarovski X5i 5-25×56 P L 1/4 MOA is ¼ MOA or 0.26 inch per yards (7.2mm per 100m), the same at Swarovski X5i 5-25×56 P L 1/8 MOA is 1/8 MOA or 0.13 inch per 100 yards (3.6mm per 100m). In this scope, shooters will get three kinds of reticle choices – BRM, 4W, and 4WX.
This riflescope is known for its compact features, which makes it the perfect scope to carry and at the same time aim targets at longest possible distances accurately and effortlessly. Swarovski has incorporated three reticle options with this riflescope and they are 4W, 4WX, and BRM (which will be discussed at end of this report). This scope is 14.4 inches long and has a weight of just 28.6 oz.
While the effective objective lens diameter is 34.2mm to 50mm, the magnification range varies from 3.5x to 18x. Swarovski X5i 3.5-18×50 P 1/4 MOA is completely waterproof and it can be submerged without any problem up to a maximum of 13 feet or 4 meters under water. It has an average tube diameter of 30mm and the functional temperature here is -20 °C to +55 °C or -4 °F to +131 °F.
Some other important specifications of Swarovski X5i 3.5-18×50 include 9.5mm to 2.8mm exit pupil diameter, 95mm eye relief, 30 feet to 6.3 feet at 100 yards field of view, -3 to +2 dpt dioptric compensation, 91 percent light transmission, 11 to 30 twilight factor, 122.4 inch at 100 yards maximum elevation adjustment range, 3.4 inch at 100 yards maximum windage adjustment range, 55 yards to infinity parallax adjustment, and M 52×0.75 objective filter thread. Impact point correction per click is ¼ MOA or 0.26 inch per 100 yards. Option is available to dial 40 clicks for going below sight-in distance SUBZERO.
New Swarovski X5i scopes come with wide array of features that make them special:
1. The manufacturer has incorporated turrets as well as spring retention system in new Swarovski X5i scopes so that the users can correctly adjust impact point and therefore take a shot with uncompromising precision. No matter what the position of the scope is, Spring Retention and Lever System will put same pressure on both the turrets. With the incorporation of this feature, maximum accuracy as well as repeatability is assured in the scope.
2. Swarovski has put in intuitive operating features in this riflescope that has made handling of this scope absolutely easy. You will find tube size of this Swarovski scope series is 30mm and the maximum zoom range avail in the X5i 5-25×56 model is 5x. The maximum elevation adjustment available here is 116 MOA, which makes it the perfect scope for long to extreme long range shooting.
3. By making the main tube wall thick and at the same time incorporating steel components in the turrets, Swarovski has provided this scope exceptional ruggedness. Even in case of extreme conditions, new Swarovski X5i scopes come with impressive repeatable precision.
4. The manufacturer has ensured that they provide this scope series with the best possible optics so that the shooters get details of the target through the scope.
5. Swarovski ensured that the shooters get enhanced experience during long range shooting. That’s why they have put in optional PXC or Personalized Extreme Cam. In the PXC accessory a shooter can put in the personalized ballistic information and the readings can be seen on the turrets directly.
6. The new X5i series has been incorporate with an amazing feature known as SUBZERO FUNCTION. This feature comes handy for ranging targets at close quarters, especially if the zero is set at far off distance than usual zero. With the help of Subzero feature a shooter can come down from a far off pre-set zero to 40 clicks or 10 MOA.
7. No matter for which purpose you are using the riflescope from X5i series, you can get the perfect reticle option. The reticle options are 4W/4W-I+,4WX/4WX-I+, BRM/BRM-I+, and PLEX/PLEX-I+. Reticle illumination is also available. However, you can deactivate it when not in use. Once you again need reticle illumination, you simply have to activate the feature. In this way, you can enhance operation of the scope further.
A Brief Discussion on Reticle Options
This is the perfect reticle for marksmen who want to adjust crosswind with the help of reticle. The height can be adjusted with the help of turret. This reticle type comes with windage marks, each separated by 2MOA distance from the other. By following the illuminated model, the entire reticle has been illuminated. Swarovski has placed 4W-I+ reticle in the second focal plane of X5i 5-25×56 P and X5i 3.5-18×50 P scopes.
A shooter can make best use of this reticle if he/she wants to accurately estimate the distance and at the same time aim the target. Maximum accuracy of the shot can be taken through 4WX-I+ as distance between each marking is just 1 MOA, which is more precise than that you will get in 4W-I+ reticle. You can precisely take down smallest possible targets as you will find floating crosshair in this reticle. This has become possible because the users will be able to get best possible target visibility through this reticle type. By following the illuminated model, the entire reticle has been illuminated. Adjustment line over main aiming point can be adjusted and therefore you can get shorter sight-in distance. This feature of the reticle ensures maximum versatility. 4WX-I+ is a second focal plane reticle and is available in both Swarovski X5i 5-25×56 P and Swarovski X5i 3.5-18×50 P.
This reticle type is found to be one of the best reticle options in long range shots. The reticle manufacturer has kept the needs of long range hunters and shooters in mind and that’s why placed each marking at a distance of 2MOA each. By following the illuminated model, the entire reticle has been kept illuminated. The hunters can make crosswind adjustment in this reticle as the manufacturer has incorporated windage marks in all holdover lines present below main aiming point. Adjustment line over main aiming point can be adjusted and therefore you can get shorter sight-in distance. BRM-I+ is a second focal plane reticle and is available in both Swarovski X5i 5-25×56 P and Swarovski X5i 3.5-18×50 P.
PLEX reticle is placed in the second focal plane of Swarovski X5i 5-25×56 P riflescope. Best feature of this reticle is its simplicity where the design has been done in such a way that the shooters’ eyes get focused on main aiming point. Another important feature of this reticle is the small target coverage. Even in poor light conditions, you can take the right shot as only the aiming point is illuminated and not the entire reticle. Shooters will find PLEX to be intuitive, which makes it that more preferred by the long to extreme long range shooters.