Vortex Viper PST riflescope having 2.5-10×44 and EBR-1 MRAD features are especially great for use at night time. Get a firsthand account of the affordable scope.
Vortex scopes are known as high quality riflescopes that are available at affordable price. They are extremely helpful for predator hunting, especially at dusk or night time. In this article, the writer will discuss about the various aspects of Vortex Viper PST, the reasons of replacing the scope, and definitely firsthand account of the advantages.
In Which Circumstances did the Writer Buy Vortex Viper PST Scope?
Some months back, the writer lost one of his favorite Swarovski Habicht 6-18X riflescopes, which came with TDS reticle, during a hunting expedition in South Africa. He bought the scope only a few months back and it cost him around 1000 bucks. After this loss, he was looking for an affordable scope. This is when he stumbled upon Vortex Viper PST riflescope (2.5-10×44; EBR-1 MRAD), having a price tag of $699. He bought it at $599.99 from a well known eCommerce site.
The writer could have chosen scopes having higher magnification ranges: 4-16x or 6-24x. However, he decided against it because hunting at night time hardly needed a magnification level of more than 10x. During night-time hunting, the animals roam at a closer distance, generally within 100 yards range.
This particular scope comes with second focal plane feature, where the reticle size remains same irrespective of the magnification. Though Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10×32 riflescopes come with First Focal Plane feature, the writer chose SFP because of the budget constraint. The scope with FFP feature would have cost him $200 more.
MRAD was chosen over MOA because of the writer’s ease in dealing with the metrics of former, where each MRAD is equal to 3.6 inches at 100 yards.
Why Vortex Viper PST Scope (2.5-10×44 EBR-1 MRAD) was Chosen?
This scope comes with many advantages:
1. Though the glass quality of Swarovski is extremely good, the Habicht 6-18X model was definitely not made for taking shots at long range. However, Vortex scopes are especially engineered for long range shots.
2. The ArmoTek technology incorporated in this Vortex scopes prevents the glass from dirt, oil, and scratches, making it exceptionally convenient to handle as well as to clean.
3. Another commendable feature is solid built of the knob. With this perfect adjustment with precision can be done quickly. The clicks are distinct and clearly audible.
4. As the writer wanted to hunt during dim light conditions, he preferred a scope that fulfills this purpose. This Vortex Viper scope enabled him to do that as it came with a small fiber optic cable that enhanced viewing at low light conditions.
5. When it comes to Field of view, the quality of Vortex scopes are at par with that of Swarovski’s. 30mm tube help the scope achieve excellent FOV and the writer found it quite helpful.
6. Two more reasons of going with 2.5-10×44 EBR-1 MRAD Vortex Viper PST are presence of Zero-Stop feature (helping the scope return to zero quickly) and the presence of ballistic reticle (for taking shots quickly).
7. This riflescope came with illuminated reticle having 10 settings, thereby helping the shooter to make adjustments even at night time.
Final Words from the Shooter
Vortex scopes can be used with various rifles. After using 2.5-10×44 Vortex Viper PST model with Remington SPS Tactical rifle, it has been used with .300 Winchester magnum for better long range shooting. In both the cases, the results were commendable.