If you are searching for a high quality binocular, Steiner Nighthunter XP is surely among the best in the industry. This fully-German made optical device has been the preferred choice of not only military forces of the US but also many other countries. United States Marine Corps use these Steiner Binoculars regularly during its operations and patrols. These devices have not only proved their mettle in military and law-enforcement expeditions, but also in many other fields. The most popular use of these binos have been in hunting, outdoor sports, wildlife observation, bird watching, and marine use. The three important factors that have made this device earn high reputation among regular binocular-users are crystal clear optics, extreme durability, perfectly focused images, and most importantly high level performance.
Steiner Nighthunter XP Binoculars – Types
We selected three models of Steiner Nighthunter XP Binoculars:
56mm objective lens gathers more light and makes this device the perfect product for finding the smallest targets, trying to camouflage in the low light conditions. Animals feel that they are enough camouflaged in the dark woods, dawn, or twilight. In fact, spotting them is surely difficult in these field situations or lighting conditions. Steiner 12×56 Nighthunter XP binoculars (Item no. 5561) provides you clear game spotting vision in low lighting condition as it comes with wide array of specifications including 10x magnification, 56mm objective lens diameter, 332 feet field of view, Steiner Nano Protection special feature, high definition optical system, Fast-Close-Focus system, 31.7 luminosity, 23.7 twilight factor, high degree of waterproofing ability (can be submersed up to 10 feet), NBR Long Life rubber armouring, 13 close focus, 7.9 x 6.1 x 2.7 dimension, rain protection cap, and many more. That’s why Steiner Nighthunter XP 10×56 binoculars have become the preferred choice of western elk hunters and eastern whitetail hunters.
This is a versatile binocular that has been found most effective in rifle hunting as well as stealthy bow hunting. Steiner has incorporated a large enough lens in this optical device, which is capable of gathering enough light and therefore enable hunters and safari watchers find out the animals, camouflaging themselves in the low light conditions and dark woods. The users are ensured a clear game-spotting vision even in dim light. In spite of having a significantly large sized objective lens, Steiner has been able to limit its weight to just 28.2 oz. While magnification of Nighthunter XP 10×42 binocular is 8x, its dimension is 6.8 x 4.9 x 2.6 (Height x Width x Length).
Important specifications of this binocular (Item no. 5421) are 42mm objective lens diameter, 10x magnification, 4.2 mm exit pupil, 13 close focus, High Definition Optics System, Fast-Close-Focus system, 20.49 twilight factor, 17.64 luminosity, NBR Long Life rubber armouring, ergonomic eyecups, waterproof (up to 10 feet underwater), and availability of rain protection cap.
In the Nighthunter XP series of binoculars this is the lightest one available. In fact, when compared with the similar binoculars in its category, Steiner Nighthunter XP 8×42 binoculars have the lightest brightness-to-weight. Best result can be achieved at day’s edge, especially when the animals feel dim light conditions will help them camouflage themselves, especially in dense woods. Even when other hunters are unable to spot a quarry in the dark woods, Steiner Nighthunter XP 8×42 enables you to spot them. Most western elk hunters as well as eastern whitetail hunters prefer this binocular type.
Important specs of Nighthunter XP 8×42 (Item no. 5428) are 8x magnification, 42mm objective lens diameter, 367 feet field of view, Steiner Nano Protection special feature, High Definition optics system, Fast-Close-Focus system, 5.3 mm exit pupil, 27.6 luminosity, 18.3 twilight factor, NBR Long Life rubber armouring, 6.8 x 4.9 x 2.6 dimension, 28.2 oz. weight, 13 close focus, and many more.
What’s so special about Steiner Nighthunter XP Binoculars?
There are multiple features that make this Steiner Nighthunter XP binocular series so special and they are:
· Steiner’s Nighthunter XP binoculars come with versatile magnification as well as wide field of view that help hunters and safari watchers find the camouflaging animals from behind the darkest woods and dimming sunlight. This helps to acquire targets faster. With these binoculars’ optimal image production ability even in lowest light conditions the user will be able to locate the targets when most other hunters are packing their instruments and calling it a day.
· Durable housing is another feature of this binocular series. Steiner Nighthunter XP binocular comes with Makrolon housing that makes it tugged, lightweight, and impervious to harsh conditions. Housing of Steiner Nighthunter XP is built from a durable polycarbonate, which is armoured with NBR Long Life rubber. Most important aspect is the rugged chassis of this binocular series, which is capable of withstanding impact amounting to 11 Gs. No matter how harsh the condition is, you can use this binocular and get great result.
· Steiner Binoculars Nighthunter XP is completely waterproof, ensured by filling of the tube with dry nitrogen pressurized inside at 14-psi. The secured N2 injection system ensures that the device keeps working even under water, as deep as 10 feet.
· Steiner has given Nighthunter XP series binos with roof prism design that is not only compact but also easy to carry in the hunting fields or safari. That’s why hunters who love hunt-and-chase games take this high quality binocular with them so that they can carry it easily even when they are chasing a target.
· Steiner has used di-electric mirrors in this binocular, which helps transmitting more light through the device. In fact, this is one of the reasons why the hunters or safari watchers love this binocular that comes with game-finding color fidelity. Users will not find any kind of shifting hues in this optical device.
· Steiner has incorporated nano-protection technology on the lens, which enables easy cleaning of dust, dirt, water droplets, snow, and fingerprints. Smooth surface over the lens is ensured by a hydrophobic molecular coating, which ensures that the device can be used in all kinds of field and weather conditions – heavy rain, sweltering heat, freezing cold, muddy fields, and many more – without adversely affecting visual quality.
· For easy attach and release of neck strap, Steiner has used ClicLoc system in these binoculars. Therefore, you can get the binocular straight into your hand and make it action-ready by using the push-button.
What about the Eye-Piece?
Steiner Binocular Nighthunter XP comes with 100 per cent adjustable eye-piece. Even if you wear eye-glasses, you will not find any problem using these binos because you can always adjust them. Hunters who want to hunt coyotes, elks, deers, or other predators find this binocular especially helpful because of the accompanied comfort. This comfort factor helps these hunters observe for long hours through Steiner Nighthunter XP.
How is the Focusing Capability?
Steiner has used the standard roof prism focus wheel. Initially, when the optical device is new you may feel it’s not working as smoothly as it should. However, after using it for a dozen times the focus wheel will become absolutely smooth and you will not need to give a second thought to get your bino’s focus right. Engineers of Steiner have made it absolutely sure that the focus wheel doesn’t move when not used. The right balance has been incorporated in the focusing ability as you will find the wheel to be absolutely smooth when rotated but locked-in when the desired focus is achieved. The most important factor that the users of Steiner binoculars will love is the ability to focus the left tube individually.
How good are Visual Clarity and Low Light Performance?
Visual clarity is absolutely crystal clear and the performance of the device in low light condition is extremely good. While looking through any of the binos in the Steiner Nighthunter XP series, you will get high definition quality experience. While checking these binoculars, we found little loss of clarity around the edges. However, all the experts in our team of reviewers felt the glitch can hardly distract the user.
We tested these optical devices in the Montana Mountains during twilight and the results were quite impressive. If you are expecting a similar experience as the night vision goggles in these devices, you will definitely be disappointed. However, when compared with other similar devices in the same category, Steiner Nightforce XP binoculars can definitely be regarded as one of the best in class.
While testing Steiner Nighthunter XP 10×56, we really didn’t find trouble spotting a deer in the dense woods, camouflaging itself from shooters and other predators. In fact, our team was successful in spotting a roaming deer around 1,000 yards away from us, even when it was one hour past sunset. This is when we understood why more and more hunters are including this binocular in their hunting kit. Having this bino gives hunters the extra advantage of spotting the target when other fellow hunters don’t even try hunting after sunset.
What’s the Verdict?
A must-buy recommendation from the review team of Scopelist. We will especially recommend the Steiner Nighthunter XP 10×56 binocular 5561 because of the larger 56mm fully coated objective lens that enables more passage of light, helping in better visibility and color fidelity. When we compared its price with the other devices in the same category, we found it to be quite inexpensive. Especially in the high end optical category, a price of just above $1,000 can easily be called as affordable. Therefore, we recommend you to buy a Steiner Nighthunter XP binocular because you are getting advanced optical technology, incredible visual clarity, major innovations, and many higher end features at affordable cost.