Table of Contents
- Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide HD Binoculars
- Vortex Razor HD Binoculars
- Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide HD vs Vortex Razor HD Binoculars: Comparison
- Do BX-4 Pro Guide HDs have a protective lens coating?
- Is diopter adjustment available on BX-4 Pro Guide HD Binos?
- Is there a threaded tripod mount insert on BX-4 Pro Guide HDs?
- Where are BX-4 Pro Guide HD Binos made?
- Where are Vortex Razor HD binoculars made?
- How will Vortex VIP Lifetime Warranty help owners of Razor HD Binoculars?
- Are Vortex Razor HD 10×42 Binos better than Vortex Razor HD 8×42 Binos?
- Are Vortex Razor HD 10×42 Binos good for bird watching?
- Why should you buy Vortex Razor HD Binoculars?
Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide HD Binoculars
Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide HD Binoculars are lightweight, backcountry hunt binoculars that come with an open bridge layout and a host of other features that help you reveal the game in the worst light conditions. You can find the game and bring it down, especially during the crucial hours at dawn and dusk, when they are most active. These BX-4 Pro Guide HD Binos are available in 6 variants: 8×32, 8×42, 10×32, 10×42, 10×50, and 12×50. Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide HD Binocular line provides you the class-leading performance at an affordable price-point of around $500.
Vortex Razor HD Binoculars
Vortex Razor HD binoculars are small, light, bright, and strong binos that push the limits of optical performance. These high-definition binoculars come in 4 variants: 8×42, 10×42, 10×50, and 12×50. Vortex Razor HD binoculars deliver outstanding optical performance in extreme terrain and unimaginable conditions at a price of around $1,000.
Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide HD Binoculars
Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide HD Binoculars: Features
The main features of Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide HD Binoculars are Twilight Max Light
Management System, fully multi-coated lens system, high-definition (HD) calcium-fluoride lenses, phase-coated roof prisms, BAK 4 Prisms, twist-up eyecups, generous eye relief, durable housing shrouded in an easy-grip rubber armor coating, and 100% Waterproof and Fogproof.
- Twilight Max Light Management System: Enables users to see more in less light. This system eliminates the unwanted glare-producing stray light (85% more than its peers), offers premium edge-to-edge lens clarity, and provides up to 20 extra minutes of shooting light.
- Fully Multi-coated Lens System: It ensures that maximum light is transmitted through the objective lens, providing maximum brightness. The user gets maximum image clarity, color fidelity, and contrast.
- HD Lenses: The high definition (HD), calcium-fluoride lenses provides amazing optical clarity at all magnification range.
- BAK 4 Prisms: A perfectly round exit pupil is delivered. No edge distortion is witnessed. The user gets a crisp and clear image through the binocular.
Phase Coated Roof Prisms: They increase the resolution significantly, ensuring the user gets edge-to-edge sharp sight picture.
Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide HD Binoculars: Pros & Cons
- This lightweight, backcountry hunt binoculars are the best-in-class optical devices that provide the guides with glare-free, bright, edge-to-edge sharp, and high contrast images at a price point around $500.
- Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide HD Binoculars provide the guide and hunters the best possible image in the worst light conditions so that you can locate the game during twilight, the crucial minutes when the games remain most active. Leupold’s Twilight Max Light Management System, HD calcium fluoride lenses, and phase-coated internal optical surfaces are the most important features that provide the best view always to the guides and hunters, especially those who want to view during dawn/dusk.
- The ergonomic open-bridge design helps users during long backcountry adventures. The design helps in extended glassing sessions and key weight savings.
- The ergonomic design and rubber armor coating provide these binos the required no-slip grip.
- Minimum wear and tear are required for the functional mechanical parts because they are carved as per their sockets so that they fit perfectly.
- The eye-cup covers are not tethered and some users may be annoyed by this.
Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide HD Binoculars: Compare Specifications
|Product||BX-4 Pro Guide HD 8x32mm||BX-4 Pro Guide HD 10x32mm||BX-4 Pro Guide HD 8x42mm||BX-4 Pro Guide HD 10x42mm||BX-4 Pro Guide HD 10x50mm||BX-4 Pro Guide HD 12x50mm|
|Objective Lens Diameter||32 mm||32 mm||42 mm||42 mm||50 mm||50 mm|
|Eye Relief||16mm||16mm||19 mm||16mm||18.8 mm||16 mm|
|Exit Pupil||4 mm||3.2 mm||5.3 mm||4.2 mm||5 mm||3.9 mm|
|Field of View||394 ft @ 1000 yards||315 feet @ 1000 yards||368 feet @ 1000 yards||326 feet @ 1000 yards||299 feet @ 1000 yards||263 feet @ 1000 yards|
|Dimension||4.8" L||4.8" L||5.6" L||5.6" L||6.6" L||6.6" L|
|Interpupillary Distance||58 - 74 mm||58 - 74 mm||58 - 74 mm||58 - 74 mm||58 - 74 mm||58 - 74 mm|
|Angular Field of View||7.5 degrees||6 degrees||7 degrees||6.2 degrees||5.7 degrees||5 degrees|
|Weight||17 oz.||17 oz.||23.4 oz.||24 oz.||28 oz.||28.5 oz.|
|Price||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
Vortex Razor HD Binoculars
Vortex Razor HD Binoculars: Features
Vortex Razor HD Binoculars feature ultimate XR Plus Fully Multi-Coated anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces, HD Lens Elements, Index-matched lens APO System for color correction, multi-layer Dielectric prism coatings, Plasma Tech, Magnesium Chassis for increased strength and decreased weight, ultra-hard, scratch-resistant ArmorTek coating true open hinge design for superior ergonomics, Roof Prism, O-ring seals (providing a completely fog proof and waterproof device), and many more.
- XR Plus Fully Multi-Coating: Enables maximum light transmission, thereby providing the highest level of clarity as well as excellent low-light performance.
- HD Lens Elements: Vortex Razor HD Binoculars come with premium extra-low dispersion glass, helping users get excellent color fidelity as well as resolution. The users, guides, and hunters will always get high-definition images.
- APO System: Index-matched APO lens system corrects color across the entire visual spectrum.
- Magnesium Chassis: Vortex Optics has chosen magnesium for making these binos because it is lighter than aluminum but also increases strength.
ArmorTek Coating: This is the ultra-hard, scratch-resistant coating that protects the exterior of a lens from dirt, oil, and scratches.
Vortex Razor HD Binoculars: Pros & Cons
- Vortex Razor HD Binoculars come with a premium high-density glass, which helps birders and hunters get a vivid image of the landscape or the target.
- The high-quality anti-reflective coating helps you get a better image quality.
- This bino has a strong yet lightweight built, thanks to the construction of the chassis from magnesium.
- It is ruggedly built and can be used in all kinds of field conditions.
- There is no chance of internal fogging because it is argon purged. O-ring sealing ensures that this binocular is 100% waterproof.
- Right diopter locking is present.
- To have a relaxed glassing experience, Vortex Optics has incorporated movable eyecups.
- Vortex Razor HD Binoculars are comfortable to use.
- The twilight factor is low.
Vortex Razor HD Binoculars: Compare Specifications
|Product||Vortex Razor HD 8x42 mm||Vortex Razor HD 10x42 mm||Vortex Razor HD 10x50 mm||Vortex Razor HD 12x50 mm|
|Objective Lens Diameter||42 mm||42 mm||50 mm||50 mm|
|Eye Relief||17.9 mm||16.5 mm||16.5 mm||15.5 mm|
|Exit Pupil||5.25 mm||4.2 mm||5 mm||4.2 mm|
|Field of View||388' @ 1000 yards 128.82 meters @ 1000 meters||362 feet/1000 yards||315' @ 1000 yds||285 feet/1000 yards|
|Dimension||5.9 x 5.1"||5.9 x 5.1"||6.8" x 5.1"||6.8" x 5.1"|
|Interpupillary Distance||55-75 mm||55-75 mm||57-74 mm||57-74 mm|
|Angular Field of View||7.4 degrees||6.9 degrees||6 degrees||5.4 degrees|
|Weight||24.2 oz||24.8 oz||28.1 oz.||28.7 oz.|
|Price||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide HD vs Vortex Razor HD Binoculars: Comparison
Both Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide HD Binoculars and Vortex Razor HD Binoculars are good binos to use. The Razors have better performance but not much. That’s where you have to check the price differential between the two. While BX-4 comes at a price of around $500, Razor HD comes at double the price. If you are looking for a budget binocular that works great in low-light conditions, Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide HD Binocular gives you a better value of money.
Vortex Razor HD Binoculars are ruggedly built and can be used in extreme terrain and unimaginable conditions. If you are looking for a rugged bino to use in all field conditions, Razor HD is the best option for you. This binocular-line boasts of having the best-in-class HD optical system, delivering the sharpest images.
Do BX-4 Pro Guide HDs have a protective lens coating?
Yes, proprietary lens coatings are there on the external lens surfaces of the BX-4 series of binoculars. This lens coating helps in resisting scratches, dust, and dirt.
Is diopter adjustment available on BX-4 Pro Guide HD Binos?
Yes, diopter adjustment is found in the center of the BX-4 Pro Guide HD Binoculars, which allows adjustments to the user’s eyes.
Is there a threaded tripod mount insert on BX-4 Pro Guide HDs?
Yes, the Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide HD 10×50 Binocular has a threaded cap in the center. This threaded cap can be removed for threading into the mount.
Where are BX-4 Pro Guide HD Binos made?
The Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide HD Binoculars are manufactured in Japan.
Where are Vortex Razor HD binoculars made?
All the Vortex Binoculars including the Vortex Razor HD binoculars are made in China.
How will Vortex VIP Lifetime Warranty help owners of Razor HD Binoculars?
Vortex VIP Warranty is an unlimited lifetime warranty. It is fully transferable and no receipt is needed. VIP stands for Very Important Promise. As per this promise, Vortex Optics will repair or replace your Vortex Binocular in case of damage or defect at no additional charge. In case, the damaged product can’t be repaired, Vortex Optics will replace the product with another perfect working device that has an equal or better physical condition. This VIP Warranty doesn’t cover loss, theft, deliberate damage, or cosmetic damage.
Are Vortex Razor HD 10×42 Binos better than Vortex Razor HD 8×42 Binos?
Both Vortex Razor HD 10×42 Binoculars and Vortex Razor HD 8×42 Binoculars are good in their own ways, depending upon their usage. The only difference between them is the magnification. One has 8x magnification, the other has 10x magnification. With the 10x magnification, you can view longer distance objects or landscapes.
While the 8×42 and 8×32 binoculars are the preferred choices for the woodland hunters, general nature watchers, or birders, 10×42 binocular is the preferred choice for the long-distance hunters or the bird watchers observing raptors/shorebirds. Keep in mind that the Vortex Razor HD 10×42 Binoculars have a narrower field of view than the Vortex Razor HD 8×42 Binoculars.
Are Vortex Razor HD 10×42 Binos good for bird watching?
Yes, Vortex Razor HD 10×42 Binoculars are good for bird watching especially raptors and shorebirds.
Why should you buy Vortex Razor HD Binoculars?
Vortex Razor HD Binoculars are one of the flagship binoculars of Vortex Optics. They are smaller, lighter, and sleeker, making them easy and comfortable to hold. These binos come with upgraded lens coatings as well as HD glass elements. The best aspect of these binos is that they come with excellent optics but at a price point (around $1,000) that is far less than most high-end binoculars.