Table of Contents
The extreme long-range hunters and precision shooters only had First Focal Plane options when they searched for long-range Nightforce ATACR riflescopes. In 2019, Nightforce Optics has released Second Focal Plane models for their Nightforce ATACR series. With the release of new F2 models for ATACR 7-35×56 Riflescopes, the consumers can now choose from first and second focal plane ATACR scopes.
One More Reason for the Second Focal Plane Lovers to Cheer!
In recent times, the Nightforce Optics and other manufacturers have been focusing on FFP scopes as many extreme long-range precision shooters prefer the first focal plane reticle placement. In the first focal reticle placement, the reticle size appears to become large or small in accordance with the increasing or decreasing magnification. This ensures that the reticle’s hash marks remain accurate at all magnification levels.
However, there are SFP lovers too and they have their own reasons for preferring the SFP scopes. One such advantage of the Second Focal Plane scopes is that the reticle crosshair’s size remains constant at all magnification.
If a shooter usually aims small targets at longer distances then he/she will get more advantage from the SFP reticles because it will allow shooters to aim more precisely. This is because the SFP reticle covers less of the target located at long-distance, thereby creating less obstruction on the target image than the FFP reticles.
The Nightforce ATACR 7-35×56 F2 Riflescopes will definitely give long-range shooters more choice and the SFP lovers will get the chance to enjoy the legendary ATACR scope’s robust performance.
Nightforce ATACR 7-35×56 F2 Riflescopes: What’s so Special?
The popularity of extreme long-range shooting is increasing rapidly and the new Nightforce ATACR 7-35×56 SFP Riflescope meets the challenge of hitting targets at extended ranges. Now, let’s check the features that enable this new ATACR to meet the challenging requirements:
- Second Focal Plane reticles are best for those hunters and long-range shooters who usually take the shot at the highest magnification. This is because the spacing for holdover in the reticle remains correct at the highest magnification. The SFP reticles are strong and easy-to-see even when the scope is at the lowest magnification. That’s why Nightforce ATACR 7-35×56 F2 Riflescopes are a welcome addition to the ATACR series.
- Nightforce Optics has incorporated the Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass in the Nightforce ATACR 7-35×56 F2 Riflescopes. This glass provides the shooter with a cleaner and crisper image of both the target and the surroundings.
- Once you spot the target at extremely long distance, the shooter has to crank up the elevation for hitting the target precisely. To ensure that there is no weak link in hitting the target, the Nightforce engineers have extensively tested every click of the total travel of 100 MOA.
- The extreme-long-range shooters need rapid dialing of turrets as well as easy return to zero. That’s why the manufacturers have included rapid dialing turrets having 30 MOA or 12 MRAD per rotation. The ZeroStop feature is also included so that the shooter can return to zero instantly.
- Nightforce ATACR 7-35×56 F2 Scopes are equipped to withstand the harshest of recoils. To ensure that the riflescope can withstand the recoil from super-magnum rifles, Nightforce Optics has tested the impact and verified the ability of each scope. That’s why you can use this riflescope with .22 LR, .416 Barrett or bigger rifles.
Besides these highlights, there are other important features such as a 34 mm body tube (for maximum adjustment), Side parallax adjustment from 11 yds (10 m) to infinity, capped windage (for preventing accidental adjustment), availability of multiple reticle options – MOAR-T and Mil-C, and proprietary DigIllum reticle-illumination.
What are the Available Models of Nightforce ATACR 7-35×56 F2 Riflescopes?
|MOAR-T Reticle||Mil-C Reticle|
MOAR-T Reticle comes with fine line thickness, allowing pinpoint precision at extreme ranges. The floating center crosshair provides a precise aiming point. Both the elevation and windage spacings are of 1 MOA. The small targets at the extreme-long-range don’t get obscured. Learn more about MOAR-T reticle.
Best for extreme long-range shooting, varmint hunting, and long-range hunting/shooting.
Mil-C Reticle comes with the unique inverted “T” Mil-Radian ranging scale. This reticle is exceptionally fast, intuitive, and precise. Fast and accurate shots can be placed on the target. As this reticle comes with a simple center dot, the long-range shooters get the fine aiming point. .2 MRAD holds are there on the main lines. In stressful conditions, you can get the reference faster, thanks to the numbered whole Mil-Radian. Learn more about Mil-C Reticle.
Best for long-range hunting, competition shooting, and field/tactical shooting.
The new Nightforce ATACR 7-35×56 mm F2 Riflescopes come with an MSRP of US$3,100. If you are looking for an extreme-long-range, second focal plane scope for precision shooting and hunting, this is undoubtedly the most precise, powerful instrument available in the market today.