Laser rangefinders are one of the fastest evolving electro-optics products in the shooting industry. Just a decade back, the laser rangefinders with the capability of 3000+ yard performance were restricted to military use only. Even those products with 1,200 yards performance came with a hefty price tag. In 2019, thanks to Vortex Optics, you can get a 4000 yards capability laser rangefinder within a street price of US$500.
Vortex Optics has released a new laser rangefinder – Vortex Razor HD 4000. This single unit electro-optics provides you a compact 7x monocular along with robust rangefinding capability up to 4,000 yards. Though it comes with the MSRP of US$729.99, the street price is US$499.99. Vortex Razor HD 4000 Laser Rangefinder LRF250 has perfectly filled the void between the premium Vortex Fury HD 5000 Rangefinding Binocular and extremely economical Ranger LRF 1800 Monocular.
Features: At a Glance
Vortex LRF250 Razor HD 4000 Laser Rangefinder is fairly ergonomic in design so that you can hold it easily with a single hand. This affordable monocular laser rangefinder can work excellently even in environmental constraints. Here are some of the highlights of this new electro-optic:
- This new laser rangefinder can range:
- Reflective objects up to 4,000 yards
- Trees up to 2,500 yards
- Deer-sized objects or targets up to 2,200 yards
- This laser rangefinding device can measure ranges as close as 5 yards as well as angle correction of +/- 70 degrees. The angle correction will be an extremely useful feature for hunters, especially in the mountainous or hilly regions. The hunters can now get exact up-angle and down-angle shots when hunting in the hills.
- There are four targeting modes available for ranging at Vortex LRF250 Razor HD 4000 Laser Rangefinder:
- Extended Laser Range (ELR) mode
- Normal mode
- First mode
- Last mode
- The new Vortex Razor HD 4000 Laser Rangefinder comes with primary HCD (Horizontal Component Distance) range mode. It is an exceptionally helpful tool for most of the shooters because it provides them with a display that is simple and quick to read. HCD range mode provides key angle compensated range information.
- Vortex LRF250 has also incorporated this rangefinder with LOS (Line of Sight) range mode and scan feature.
- One of the most useful features that one can miss easily is the 1/4×20 female threading that is located below the device. It helps in easily integrating with a tripod.
- The Vortex Optics engineers have ensured that battery can be swapped easily, especially when you are wearing gloves or don’t have a multi-tool. That’s why they have made it sure that the battery cap comes with a tab, which flips out easily. In fact, it can be used easily for unscrewing the cap.
Vortex Razor HD 4000 Laser Rangefinder LRF250 weighs just 9.9 ounces, enabling hunters and shooters to hold it with a single hand for long duration. This device is just 4.5 inches long, helping in quick operation. The best part is that the hunters can clearly locate images in almost all kind of lighting conditions, thanks to the proprietary HD Optical System of Vortex Optics as well as XR Plus Multi-Coat Lens Coating.
Vortex engineers have incorporated robust outer shell as well as IPX7 waterproof rating, helping hunters to use it in all kinds of hunting field conditions. The glass is scratch protected as the ArmorTek coating has been used on the lens of Vortex rangefinders (including the new Vortex LRF250). For helping hunters and shooters secure the device closer to oneself, a tension clip and lanyard/strap have been incorporated.
This new Vortex laser rangefinder is the best and most affordable high-end, long-range, laser rangefinder you will find in the market currently. Vortex Razor HD 4000 is now available and is ready for shipping. Take a closer look at Vortex Razor HD 4000 Laser Rangefinder LRF250 before making a purchase decision. For details download this document.
Vortex Optics has already hit the bullseye with its recent rollouts including Vortex Razor Riflescopes, Viper PST Scopes, and Diamondback Tactical Scopes. This new Vortex laser rangefinder will definitely be a hit too with the hunters looking for high end laser rangefinding monoculars at a price of around US$500.