Zeiss Hensoldt Spotter 60 scope is one of the optical devices that was closely examined by us. Here’s what we’ve found. As the name gives away, Hensoldt Spotter 60 – 20-60×72 comes with 72mm objective lens along with a magnification range of 20x magnification to a maximum magnification of 60x. It comes with a secure protective covering that puts the lightweight optical device within a rubber armor and useful for combat operations.
Specs at a Glance
Before going into further details and reviewing the Zeiss Optronics Hensoldt Spotter 20-60 x 72, it is important to look closely into the specifications. This device is 13.1 inches long, has a height of 6.4 inches, and width of 3.9 inches. Exit pupil of this device varies from 3.6mm to 1.2mm with varying magnification. This scope is quite heavy and weighs 56.4 ounces.
What are the Salient Features
1. Though Zeiss Hensoldt Scopes 20-60×72 looks similar to other spotting scopes, it has one very distinct feature and that’s the presence of rangefinding reticle at first focal plane instead of second focal plane (most common in riflescopes as well as scopes for observation). The greatest advantage in this case is that these devices can be used easily at all magnification ranges.
2. If you compare the range-finding reticles with other scopes, you will find some of the other devices also provide rangefinding reticles but they are provided with fixed magnification eyepiece (i.e. a single magnification of 30x).
3. Zeiss Optronics’s Hensoldt Spotter 20-60 x 72 comes with mil reticle, located in the first focal plane. Illumination in low light conditions is another feature that this scope boasts of. Rheostat is present above the eyepiece, at the body’s rear. The operation of this rheostat is similar to the ones found in riflescopes or other kinds of spotting scopes having the specification 4-16x56mm.
4. Reticle in the scope has an L-shaped design, which is used by the user for ranging targets. Therefore, the user can correct a sniper/rifle rapidly but even in this process the Field of View (FOV) does not get obscured.
5. There are special arrangements done on the body of Zeiss Hensoldt Spotter 60. The first thing you will find on the top of scope body is the Mil Std 1913 rails that helps you to mount accessories directly on the device. Users can also attach sling on the optical device for carrying it easily. That’s why sling attachment points are present on the scope.
6. While testing the device, it was found to offer great performance and provide more value than the price. Some of the features that put this device above the rest include amazing color, excellent resolution and the absence of rolling distortion.
Important Accessories to Buy along with Zeiss Hensoldt Spotter 60 – 20-60×72
If you are looking for the right device to spot, identify or observe objects from long distances and also want to aim targets, Zeiss Hensoldt Spotter 60 is surely a device you should have in your possession. If you want to buy it, you might as well buy some additional accessories, too, including a tripod, Picatinny rails (comply perfectly with MIL Standard 1913), and residual light attachment (making it perfect for use during night). You may require rugged as well as lightweight Hensoldt Spotter 60 Picatinny Rail with this scope because that will help you in using it for heavy use as well as extreme image conditions. Mounting can be done in an uncomplicated and quick manner, if you use both tripod and Hensoldt Spotter 60 Rail.
To cut the long story short, Zeiss Hensoldt Spotter 60 is indeed a great device to have as a shooting gear!