Table of Contents
Vortex Optics has officially announced that the much-anticipated Vortex Razor HD Gen III series is here with its first offering: Vortex Razor HD Gen III 1-10×24 Riflescope. This top-tier optical solution is one of the most versatile scopes released till now that can help you in point-blank tactical applications as well as long-range target shooting, thanks to the robust 10x zoom.
With highly sophisticated optical design along with the state-of-the-art engineering and advanced components, this is the new Alpha in the tactical optics arena that can take any challenge.
This new kid in the LPVO (Low Power Variable Optic) community brings the highest level of first focal plane (FFP) performance for the shooters who look for 1-10x power versatility.
Best for Use
No matter whether you are a competition shooter, law enforcement official, or military personnel, you’ll love the crisp and clear images produced by the HD optical system of Vortex Razor HD Gen III 1-10×24 Riflescope.
|David Hamilton, Vortex Optics Chief Development Officer, said: “When we began this project, we started with a single goal – create the world’s premier low power variable riflescope…The list of “Wants”, was robust, to say the least. It had to serve users with needs from CQB to long-range. We knew it would be challenging. We also knew we wouldn’t quit until we had it right. That’s just in our DNA.”|
MSRP and Retail Price
Though RAZOR HD GEN III 1-10X24 FFP scopes have an MSRP of $2,899.99, they’ll be available at a retail price of $1,999.99.
You can expect them to be available by Q2, 2020. The expected first shipment will be in April 2020.
Vortex Razor HD Gen III 1-10×24 Riflescopes: What’s so Special?
- Extremely Versatile Magnification Range
Vortex Razor HD Gen III 1-10×24 Scopes come with a 1-10x magnification range. This 10x zoom provides ample versatility to a shooter not generally seen in high-quality scopes. While it offers a true 1x on the low end for engaging at point-blank range (mostly for point-blank tactical applications), the 10x zoom enables a long-range shooter to hit targets at distances more than 1,000 yards.
- EBR-9 Reticle Design in MOA and MRAD
EBR-9 reticle is an Enhanced Battle Reticle that comes in hashmarks using either MOA or MRAD based subtension lines for ranging, holdover, and windage corrections.
Now, let’s take a closer look at both the reticles to understand the difference:
- EBR-9 MOA Reticle at Higher Magnification
Available in Model: Vortex Razor HD Gen III 1-10×24 EBR-9 BDC Riflescope RZR-11001
For more information on EBR-9 MOA Reticle, CLICK HERE.
- EBR-9 MRAD Reticle at Higher Magnification
Available in Model: Vortex Razor HD Gen III 1-10×24 EBR-9 MRAD Riflescope RZR-11002
For more information on EBR-9 MRAD Reticle, CLICK HERE.
- First Focal Plane Versatility
The First Focal Plane (FFP) ensures that the shooter gets accurate holdovers throughout the entire magnification range.
The reason why people debate about FFP vs SFP while hunting or long-range shooting is because of the difference in seeing the target. The reticles or crosshairs inside the scopes help a shooter in successfully engaging with the target.
When the reticle is in the Second Focal Plane (SFP), the reticle size will appear the same across the magnification range. Whether the magnification is 1x, 5x, or 10x, the SFP reticle will appear the same size.
When the reticle is in the First Focal Plane (FFP), the reticle size will appear to increase or decrease as per the magnification. At low magnification, the FFP reticle size will appear smaller. However, at high magnification, the FFP reticle size will appear larger. As you crank up the magnification range in Vortex Razor HD Gen III 1-10×24 Riflescope from 1x to 5x to 10x, the EBR-9 reticle will appear to become larger in size.
An FFP reticle appears to remain the same size as the target across the magnification range. The reticle size appears to shrink or grow at the same proportion of the target as you decrease or increase the magnification.
The greatest advantage of an FFP reticle is that it helps tactical shooters to make range and windage corrections instantaneously. The MRAD (milliradian) or MOA (minute of angle) scale remains the same across the magnification range of a Vortex Razor HD Gen III 1-10×24 Riflescope.
Whether the magnification is at 1x, 5x, or 10x, the measurement scale in both MOA and MRAD is the same. However, in the case of SFP reticles, the MRAD and MOA scale measurements will lengthen or widen as the target is less magnified. As the scale remains static in the FFP scopes, the shooters find it easier and quicker to calculate distances or holdovers in different magnifications.
Enjoy the FFP versatility at Vortex Razor HD Gen III 1-10×24 Riflescope
- True Daylight Bright Illumination
Vortex Optics has incorporated the daylight-bright reticle illumination feature so that the shooters can take full advantage of the EBR-9 reticle across the magnification range. When the magnification is at 1x, the shooters can use the illumination similar to the red dot sight functionality, thanks to the unique design of the EBR-9 reticle.
The shooters can use the daylight-bright reticle illumination system on the upper end of the magnification range to take full advantage of the data-rich glass-etched reticle irrespective of the lighting condition. There are 11 intensity levels. An off-position is there between each setting of the 11 intensity levels. Shooters can access and activate the illumination system at the left side of the turret housing with the help of the locking illumination dial.
- Class-Leading Optical System
Vortex Optics has incorporated the most advanced LPVO optical system in Vortex Razor HD Gen III 1-10×24 Riflescopes. This advanced optical system includes:
- HD Optical System: delivering exceptional resolution, providing amazing color fidelity/edge-to-edge sharpness/light transmission, and cutting chromatic aberration
- Proprietary XR fully multi-Coating: Multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces increases the transmission of light.
- Index-matched lenses in the APO System: For correcting color throughout the entire visual spectrum.
- Optically Indexed Lenses: For optimized, edge-to-edge image sharpness and brightness.
- ArmorTek Coating (Exterior Coating): Vortex Razor HD Gen III Scopes come with an ultra-hard and a scratch-resistant coating on the exterior glass surfaces, protecting the exterior lenses from scratches, oil, and dirt.
The cutting-edge PlasmaTech application process has been used for applying all the coatings, ensuring unparalleled coating durability.
- Other Specialties
- The new Vortex Razor HD Gen III 1-10×24 LPVO Riflescopes come with a highly forgiving eye box, delivering a clear, high-resolution sight picture so that shooters can acquire targets quickly.
- This riflescope is compact, stout, and lightweight. It is just 10.1 inches long and weighs just 21.5 oz.
- Vortex Optics has incorporated 34 mm main tube scope body, manufactured from aircraft-grade aluminum tube. These features will ensure that the shooters can use the scope in all weather and field conditions, including the most demanding scenarios.
- The manufacturer has incorporated these LPVO scopes with ultra-low-profile capped windage and elevation turrets. This feature not only provides them a clean and sleek profile but also the advantage of smoothly navigating the physical environment.
- The total turret travel is 120 MOA/30 MRAD, giving them enough elevation for making the right shot at long distance.
- The turrets are zero-resettable and the adjustment per revolution is 25 MOA/10 MRAD.
- Absolute waterproof and fog-proof performance is ensured in these scopes, thanks to the O-ring sealing and argon gas purging.
For more information on Vortex Razor HD GEN III Riflescope, please check the Product Manual.
Vortex Razor HD Gen III 1-10×24 Riflescopes belong to the category of the most advanced and versatile LPVO riflescopes that can be used in all light conditions by competition shooters, law enforcement officials, or military personnel in all kinds of operations, right from CQB to long-range applications.
The new Razor HD Gen III 1-10×24 scopes from Vortex Optics can be used for designated marksman responsibilities, rapid engagements, and technical interior works with extreme finesse and better than any other LPVO scope.
The best part of these scopes is the price point. You can buy these premium LPVO scopes at a retail price of just $1,999.99. You can expect them to be available by Q2, 2020 (the first shipment is expected in April 2020).