Table of Contents
Nightforce has yet again brought a new Advanced Tactical sight named ATACR 5-25×56 SFP Enhanced riflescope. It includes the First Focal Plane of new ATACR 5-25×56 F1, incorporated in a Second Focal Plane configuration. If you are comfortable with SFP riflescopes, you can try out ATACR 5-25×56 scope. Let us try to get a comparative analysis on all these three scopes from ATACR category of Nightforce Optics for a better perspective.
Let’s start with the most popular ATACR 5-25×56 models. The basic features you will get in this riflescope include patented ZeroStop elevation adjustment, SFP reticle design, 30MOA or 12 Mils per revolution Hi-Speed Adjustments, ED optics (fully multi-coated), integrated PTL, XtremeSpeed diopter adjustment, Digillum digital reticle illumination, distance marked (yard/meter) parallax adjustment, enhanced engraving, and capped windage adjustment. ATACR 5-25×56 scope comes with three reticle options – MOAR, MOAR-T, and Mil-R.
· MOAR reticle is especially easy and fast to use in the field because of the presence of floating center crosshair and bold posts at 3, 6, and 9 o’clock positions. This reticle type features 1 MOA elevation as well as windage markings for finding accurate and hold-offs.
· The second reticle type is a finer version of the MOAR reticle that is perfect for ranging as well as holdover estimation at longest possible distance. While the windage and elevation markings are 1 MOA in this reticle, it comes with .0625 MOA lines ensuring greater precision even at extreme ranges. With this reticle you can estimate accurate holdover and rangefinding at longest distances.
· There is a third kind of reticle option available with Nightforce ATACR 5-25×56 scope and that is Mil-R reticle. It helps in placing effective first shot and at the same time quick follow-up shot. It comes with 1.0 Mil across floating center crosshair that has been properly supported by graduations (.1, .2, half, and whole) across the reticle.
Nightforce ATACR 5-25×56 F1 riflescopes come with full packed features that are perfect for long range shooting and ranging. The major upgrade in this riflescope is the incorporation of First Focal Plane reticle instead of the Second Focal Plane one. The other important features are more or less same as the previous one. However, the reticle choices with Nightforce ATACR F1 5-25×56 are:
· Horus H59 Reticle – Non-Illuminated
This reticle is perfect for lead markers who want to take a moving target down. For fast holdovers and ranging, it comes with patented milliradian based grid system.
· Horus TReMoR3 Reticle – Non-Illuminated
This reticle is preferred by shooters for faster shooting. You can quickly mil target accurately and also make wind calls easier.
· MIL-R™ F1 Reticle
With this reticle you can place first-shot and at the same time take quick follow-up shots. It comes with 1.0 Mil across floating center crosshair that has been properly supported by graduations (.1, .2, half, and whole) across the reticle.
· MOAR F1 – 20 MOA
For accurate hold-offs and range finding this reticle comes with 1 MOA elevation and windage markings. 20 MOA scale below center features in this MOAR F1 reticle. It is easy and fast for use in the field because of the presence of floating center crosshair and bold posts at 3, 6, and 9 o’clock positions.
This riflescope comes with magnificent 5-25× range, a wide FOV of 17.96 feet at 5x range, great color contrast, over 90 per cent light transmission, Hi-Speed adjustments with patented ZeroStop, and definitely incorporation of FFP enhanced feature set of F1 riflescope in a SFP configuration. The reticle options available are MIL-R – 5 Mils Reticle, MOAR-T™ Reticle, and MOAR™ – 20 MOA Reticle.